Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Morning time

I feel like I should update, but does a sense of obligation make for a mediocre post? LET'S find out.

In an hour or two I have an eye appointment on 10th, and I know from experience that I'll spend most it squinting at a picture (projected ludicrously far away on the opposite wall) of a little white house with a red roof. In a green valley. Under a blue sky. And somehow this will tell the doctor whether or not my prescription has changed since I was last in.

I have to get some new lenses made, because I went out the other day and found two new frames (pairs of frames?), with Shannon's help. I'm not sure if I mentioned that. And I'm going to get new lenses for the frames I'm wearing now, too, because I still like them.

But this is going to cost a lot. I know.

Which reminds me that I haven't heard back from the camera-fixing types at the camera-fixing place. I'm going to call them today. My fingers are crossed (even as I type) that the lens won't be messed with, which would mean it isn't worth fixing and I'd have to buy a new one.

Lenses are a theme.

I miss my camera. I still reach for it every time Ivy starts dancing to the Pingu theme music with something weird on her head, or whenever Happy is dressed in my clothing, which could happen at any time, or the sun comes up.

And if it wasn't my camera before, it will be once I've paid for breaking it. That's just logic.

5 comments:

kimikimikimi said...

I don't understand. I checked your blog like, a million gazillion times since I woke up and this is the first time I saw this post. I'VE BEEN CHEATED!

Marian said...

Post pictures of your new glasses with your fixed camera.

I don't think I've ever had an eye test. I'm scared that I would go in all confident, and then they'd be like, "no you incredible dunce, that giant letter is an "E"! And I'd be all, "Eagle Eye Churchland!"

S said...

What! Who is Eagle Eye Churchland? What the smack?

Marian said...

What the smack!

Eagle Eye Churchland was what I used to call myself (jokingly. mostly.) when I'd quote my dad's 20/40, or 40/20 vision (whichever the good one is).

MrcSyrs said...

I think 20/20 is good. Hyumr would verify that as being correct.