Monday, September 05, 2005

This isn't a war it's a moy-der

Whenever I drive past a church with one of those signs out front, the ones with the removable black plastic letters that spell out a different cheery message every other week, I always read them. I can't help myself.

Marian and I were driving up Hemlock the other day and passed the greatest church message board ever. IF THERE IS JOY IN YOUR HEART, it read, PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR FACE.

On reading it, I immediately yelled out "PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR FACE, BITCH!". It was the most simultaneously snide and churchy thing I'd ever heard. I mean, how smug! How perfect! It sounds like St Francis of Assisi throwing down a challenge to St Bartholomew, no holds barred.

So I can't stop saying it, and what's more, I can't stop saying it in an Italian accent. A really bad one. PLEASE-A NOTIFY-A YOU' FACE, BITCHISSIMA! Whap-pow!

That's the origin of PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR FACE. Thank you.

2 comments:

Marian said...

I've been saying it too. I say it more gangsta, because I got the Dee-troit connection.

Shit, bitch, notify yo FACE.

S said...

ah. it all makes perfect sense now.