Sunday, February 13, 2005

Goddamn ash

I found out today that one of the elephants at The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee, Lota, died on February 9th. I'm sure I've mentioned before how obsessed I am with this sanctuary, and man, they do such a good thing. But it's pretty heartbreaking to follow a rescued elephant's progress for a year, especially one like Lota, who everyone worked so hard to help, and to know she couldn't live a little longer in a nice place.

Anyway. Go look at The Elephant Sanctuary and see what I mean. See how fucked up the Hawthorn corporation is. Read about the elephants that make up the Hawthorn 12, formally the Hawthorn 16, and let's hope they get the help they need in time.

Last, here's Misty. She's my favourite.

4 comments:

S said...

It is 7 AM. An elephant I never knew is dead. Why am I crying?

I love this place! AND I love that it's not open to the public, but it must make fundrasing really difficult.

Best Animals Ever.

kimikimikimi said...

The picture of Misty mourning Lola's death next to the fence.

Let's go! Can we? We must!

Anonymous said...

It's not open to the public! Which is why it is great!

s at school

kimikimikimi said...

sat school. Took me awhile.

Darn. But yay for the elephunts.