I slept in obscenely late today. It's 3pm and I've only been up for 15 minutes.
Though the last few hours weren't really about sleeping. They were all about videogame-fueled dreams and half-listening to the gardeners in the front yard. One of dreams had dopplegangers of Link, in unbecoming chainmail, trying to break into the cabin at Saturna and, you know, cleave me in twain. Luckily I had my sword, and my first mate, and we chopped their arms off and turned them into smoke. Hack slash, et cetera. All those hours with the Wii have improved my mental swordsmanship.
Then I was back in high school, but not (for once) the high school I actually went to. It was McGill, but it had architecture out of Blade Runner and no door to the outside. I had to throw my backpack through a window and then jump out after it, just to skip class. Then I was running and running through West Van neighborhoods until I wandered into a football game and some quarterback told me to "Grill it baby, oh yeah, just grill it" and I complained to the coach of sexual harassment.
However active the old dream life, though, it doesn't keep me from feeling like a tool when I sleep through the entire day. Even one of these overcast winter half-days. What a tool.
It's all because I went crazy yesterday with the caffeine, and then I was up all night. Naturally.
Yesterday was a funny day. Fueled by the hyper, I kept running from place to place shrieking until I crashed at around 5pm and died the slow death in front of my PS2 for the rest of forever.
Naturally.
Man, this post got substantially less text-heavy when I moved from dreams to real life.
But oh, oh, I have a remedy!
No I don't. But I'll take a shot: I hung out with Jess yesterday, and in doing so, achieved my goal of hanging out with Jess. Triumph! I was riddled with caffeine-twitchiness the entire time, but that's no matter. Then I went out to draw with Marian, at Capers, but she was allergic to bee pollen (??) so little drawing was got done. Especially by my own self.
I thought I'd already crashed by then, after my two chai lattes (softshell that I am) had finally worn off, so went into convalescence mode and had some vegetable water and carrot juice. But I was kidding myself. I was hopped up. Kim appeared out of nowhere with some bee pollen in her drink (!!!) and Marian started to die, but we were unconcerned because of the weird serendipity of Kim being there. At least, Kim and I were unconcerned. Marian was busy dying.
So we left Capers and went into Duthies so I could pay for a book, and some jerk we know was there, and he gave Marian an armload of pills to counteract her death, and she took one. Then we pushed off and went to the comic shop, so that I could make fun of comics and covet comics, alternately. There's a new BotI (ha-ha-ha) out, but I didn't want to pay for it because I'd already paid for a book at Duthies. So I decided it wasn't good enough for me, with my high-minded taste in all things, and we left.
The pill Marian had taken was starting to kill her in a whole new and exciting way. Kim, meanwhile, had to get back and work, so we dropped her off at The Mack. Apparently her boy Ciaran is now a full-on Canadian. This is big news, so I passed on my congratulations and even now am saying Congratulations! Were there cards for this sort of thing, I would mentally send one.
Sigh.
The leader of the Cyber Babies is named "Blogger Spellcheck", and she does not play. She does not play.
Now to other things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
When FFVI gives me Remedies, now, I feel like it's being all sassy up in my face.
Well then. I thank you for this Remedy.
I wish I dreamed about Link, even if he was trying to kill me. I played that game for a solid four hours today, always trying to jam him in corners so I could get a really good look at his face... to no avail.
We should drink chai lattes again sometime. Though it sounds like you had a lot more excitement later on, wow. Bee pollen?? Jeez. Ouch.
And just so you know, Squall is hanging out with a bunch of naked Ken dolls right now. There is a good explanation for that, but... it would take a while to type and this is already an epic comment. <3
Oh man. Yes. We should have more chai. We should have chai and draw and watch movies featuring Mifune in not-pants! Except not all at once. Because that'd be impossible and probably dangerous.
Sounds like Squall is making up for all the time he lost in the closet.
In the closet, get it? My storage closet? But also how gay he is? Yeah? Anybody?
Post a Comment