I really have to post something. It's funny how I can talk for hours to certain people about every tiny detail in my life, but it's the hardest thing sometimes to take five minutes and write any of it down.
I'm addicted to Starbucks again. I lasted only two weeks of classes before I relapsed into my venti-a-day habit. Black tea does nothing for me now. I blame Seattle, where I went with Marian last weekend, and where caffiene powers cars. We had fun, and I had coffee, despite my doctor telling me to stay away from it.
Not Seattle. Coffee. Because of the stomach thing. Which, it turns out, isn't my gallbladder after all. The ultrasound was clean, so it could be anything. An ulcer, acid reflux, et cetera. I'm having a GI Tract in October to find out, but in the meantime I have these pills to take in the morning. I love these pills. They're the size of atoms, give or take, but they have a monumental effect on my sense of digestive well-being. So much so that I felt perfectly fine about driving down to Seattle and living on black coffee for two days.
Seattle was great. There are photos on Flickr that everyone's probably looked at by now. Unfortunately, they don't feature one of the most important aspects of the trip, my new love connection: Tony Jaa.
Let us honor him.
But yeah, I was talking/typing about caffeine. I'm so into it right now. It's amazing. I'm such an addict. There's this novel I'm reading about addictions and oral fixation and all that fun stuff, and it's really hitting me where I live. Anyone who knew me in my formative years knows that I was a total thumbsucker, and now I'm a mug sucker and a prescription pill-popper. I'm also a wannabee smoker (meaning I don't, and I rarely have, but goddamn it I still constantly want to), and an imaginary gum-chewer (meaning that sometimes when I'm nervous I'll pretend to chew gum), and a pouter and a high-pitched squeaker.
I mean it's good luck I never got into chewing tobacco, or I'd be that kid in the cautionary video saying "But I needs my chaw!" through a mouthful of brown tongue fur.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Tony Jaa is a beautiful man.
You don't talk to me for hours...anymore. Sob.
GETS MOMMA'S CHAW! GET'S IT FOR ME BEFORE I'S GETS THE NIC-O-TANGY JITTERS!
JONI MITCHELL. I SPOTTED THE JONI MITCHELL QUOTE IN THAT TITLE.
Marian - Comment karma will be your bf, f, no fooling.
Emily - Dude, you sound like Marlena.
Kim - You've painted a beautiful picture with words.
Shawna - Well, I don't think so. But I'm gonna take a look around it though...
Bluuuuuuuuuueeeeeee. I looooooooooooove youuuuuuuuu.
Post a Comment