I guess Sachi is never going to post about this because she's too busy doing calisthenics and screaming "NEVERU MIND" at the top of her lungs, but we drove up to Whistler the night before last to stay at Gillian's cabin and celebrate her birthday. I didn't know it was her birthday until we got there, actually, but there was cake and everything.
By "everything", of course, I mean karaoke.
And I know everybody knows this already, but Whistler Village is totally horrible and filled with zombies.
It was fun though. I'll post pictures later.
This morning I took Happy out to Burnaby for her specialist consultation and the vet did some simple tests to see if she was neurologically normal. She was. Then he recommended we do three more tests. VERY EXPENSIVE TESTS. Like $2600 in total. IN VERY EXPENSIVE TOTAL.
That will take a while. Then we'll probably just start with the phenobarbital anyway, because we'll know what we're dealing with. Meaning epilepsy, pretty much. Almost certainly.
There goes my money pile. Gone in the blink of an eye. Just like an episode of Duck Tales.
Woo ooo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
So, I'm confused. Are you putting her on phenobarb whether or not you do the tests? So you might end up paying 2600 to find out she has epilepsy?
Not that happy's health isn't worth it. But duck tales, woo oo. Poornie both.
I'd be paying the $$$ to know this isn't all being caused by a sneaky tumor, or a parasite, or low-grade meningitis, or some kind of atypical brain problem. Otherwise we could be giving her phenobarb while she gets worse, or suddenly drops dead (my paranoiac's prognosis). Like putting a band-aid on a... a big pile of crazy shit.
But it will almost certainly be epilepsy. And I see your point, believe me.
Though my parents have offered to pay half. Woo oo.
parents are awesome like that. if i weren't such a despicable athiest, i'd add you and happy to my daily prayers. instead i'll think happy thoughts (i heart puns).
Be careful, Em Eff. Have you seen Hook? Happy thoughts can make Robin Williams fly around in tights.
But thanks yo.
aroo? who is mf?
One of my non-fictional myspace friends. Ahem ahem.
Post a Comment