Monday, October 03, 2005

Smack smack

I had to write an autobiographical piece for writing class today (or yesterday, is it past midnight? Yeah, yesterday for those who enjoy telling time), with a maximum of 660 words. Which is annoyingly arbitrary, don't you think? 660? It's due tomorrow. Uh. Today.

I started my first draft at four in the morning (don't ask), and finished it at seven. It was 1,562 words. I've ended up with 632. It's safe to say that my piece is naked now. It has no pants on. I've just finished my final edit and now I'm going to print twelve copies. If the printer works. If the printer doesn't work I'm going to suck my thumb in bed.

In other news, my mother bought a tin of that stuff they sell in Bacci's to smear on your womanly self when you're in the bath, and tonight I tried it out. It's called "marshmallow", which is a little alarming, but it smelled nice enough and I used it on my legs. It's one of those sugar oil things with the exfoliating grains, you know what I mean? You rub it on and it melts off in the water, and leaves you all smooth. Except that I'm not smooth. I'm raw. I rubbed all the flesh off of my legs with that shit. So beware the marshmallow. It burns.

And speaking of moshi-mallows: baby panda!

6 comments:

sd said...

Baby pandas are the cutest. But not quite as cute as wombats, which are the absolute cutest. This reminds me that I have a story about wombats, which I will post later when I do not have class in forty minutes.

S said...

And will she post these 632 words of herself?

kimikimikimi said...

I MUST EAT IT!

Claire said...

I am not posting my naked words of self!

And the baby panda is in tupperware, you'll notice. Fresh for munching.

Wombats are pretty freakishly cute. I don't think I've ever seen a baby wombat. That would probably kill me.

Marian said...

Those salty body rubs never work for me. They just make me itchy and oily. Me and my womanly self.

S said...

POST THE NAKED! SHAKE IT WORDY!

AGGYP!!!!