Thursday, August 18, 2005

Notes

I didn't have any caffeine tonight but I feel jazzed up and blinky. I think it's the result of having people over when I thought I would just be sleeping, sleeping and drooling. First Marc drove down to see me and kindly took me to Moderne Burger so that I could have a milkshake for dinner. What with the painkillers and with having gotten dressed and actually gone outside, I was feeling very euphoric and floaty. Codeine = marijuana. Who knew. When we got back to the house I crawled onto my bed and started half-sleeping. Marc left to drive the borrowed van back to his mother in North Vancouver, (who needed it because, get this, she was going to visit a PREEMIE), and as soon as he was gone I was very lonely, but also weirdly happy on account of the drugs.

Then Sachi called and asked if she could come over and kill time with me while she waited for Kimi's shift to be over, and I like Sachi and I was pleased. She arrived with Juniper and there was some barking and scurrying. This was deeply satisfying to me, because it was friendly barking and jolly scurrying, and our dogs like each other, which is a major triumph. Then Marian and Jeremy called to say they were back from Bowen, and soon they were over and we were playing cards. Miracles! I was feeling very sleepy. Cards were confusing. I don't know why, but my room was filled with mosquitoes. We used the racket o' death and still they kept coming at us. It was disturbing. And yet still I was happy. My jaw started to hurt and I took another pill. Every four hours, the label says, but the Moderne Burger lady told me to cheat a little and take one every three and a half, and obviously she is knowledgeable about these things, because she makes milkshakes that are the perfect ratio of goodness.

Can you tell that I'm still fuzzy with the pills? I'm sure you can. I certainly am. But in any case it was a good evening and Jeremy put a confusing SNES game onto my computer and I thank him for that. When everyone had left I was very tired and thought I would fall asleep but no, something in my head is moving fast and I'm not ready to sleep. I wish Sachi wasn't going back to Montreal so soon but we will all do something on Sunday and Marc will be there and Kimi will be there and that will be nice. It's nice to have friends. Friends = painkillers.

(This post may or may not make any sense, but that is part of its rustic charm. Tomorrow I will be lucid and worried about typos and spelling mistakes. PAH!)

5 comments:

S said...

hee. dopey claire is most amusing.

kimikimikimi said...

heh. heh. yeah...that.

S said...

For someone on codeine who thought cards were amusing, you were El Presidentonto quite a few times!

As many as me, though? Ahem.

STEP RIGHT UP FOLKS! TRY YOUR LUCK AGAINST EL PRESIDENTINI!

If she didn't get so furious, it wouldn't be so fun.

S said...

er, thought cards were confusing. ahem. con-fusing.

Claire said...

Confusing AND amusing.