Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Every rod's a gain

I just got back from a visit to my brand new oral surgeon. It was a consultation about my wisdom teeth, which have started to jut from the nether regions of my gums like little stepping stones for the tiny people that live in my teeth and sing to me at night. What? My brand new oral surgeon has a family of excellent fish in his waiting room. Two of them are very fast and coy (no pun intended, ha-ha-ha-ha), and two of them are contemplative and photogenic. I LOVE THEM ALL.

So I'm going to have my wisdom teeth out on the 16th, which sounds like fun, right? Am I right? They aren't going to put me all the way out. They're going to give me sleepy drugs to make me happy and sleepy. I'm looking forward to that part. Then I'm going to have three days of recovery, involving a diet of popsicles and pain killers and yogurt. This, as I told Marc, is remarkably similar to my usual meal plan. After I briefed the nurse on my medical history this afternoon, her and the doctor both referred to me as "a healthy 22". Were they being sarcastic?

Know what else I did today? I mailed Harry Potter book 6 to Kate. It's a present from Kimi, Marian, Sachi and I. Because we heart Kate's blog in the biggest, craziest way. That's right. Vote Kate.

And I went to the vet to drop off dog pee, and bought an insect bite stick and after-sun stuff at the pharmacy, and had a chilly venti thing from Starbucks, and was generally productive and itchy and tanned.

7 comments:

S said...

wisdom teeth pulling not as scary as you'd think. I had one out with just my mouth frozen. CRACK CRACK YANK YANK.

why with the pee? Always at the vet is the Clarie.

Claire said...

They (those of the vet) wanted concentrated dog pee, not the diluted, peakish stuff I'd brought in before. So I finally got around to collecting it first thing in the morning and handing it in (my late assignment) before it could break apart. Because I'm told that's what pee does. Break apart. Who knew.

kimikimikimi said...

Er, how does one collect the pee?

I had my wisdom teeth removed the same way. Happy drugs are fun. Coincidentally, the descent into rampant marijuana addiction began shortly thereafter.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, nernies! I can't wait! I will be haunting the mailbox. You are so nice! This is the coolest thing ever!!!

Claire said...

Kimi- The moment she squats, I stick a ladle under there. Ladles are the only way, seriously.

kimikimikimi said...

ladle ladle ladle, I made you out of clay...

Claire said...

And when you're full of urine, then ladle I shall play.