Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Decorating your own miniature palace room

I guess I should up and post something.

My dad's been emailing me from London. He sends the pictures he's taken of lampposts and manhole lids. And morning coffee. And men's shoes.

I like the pictures but they make me want to be somewhere else. Like London, for example, where I haven't been since Marian and I staggered in from Dover under the weight of our backpacks and argued with a street vendor about a map. We needed a map of the country. He only sold maps of the city, and insisted that there were no maps of England to be had, That he knew of, anywhere. So we got on a train, without a map, and headed for Cornwall.

I'd like to do something like that again, but sometimes I have this weird, pervasive doubt that I ever will.

With that noted:

Eggs! Get your eggs, here!
Fresh and white eggs are here!

Wiggle jiggle, yellow middle.
That's the best of what you are.
I love you egg!

White and tender, surround the center,
Cozy, sitting in the cracking shell.
(I love you)
Vitamins and minerals in you
Oodles of the proteins too
( Oodle doodle!)
Popular and perfect and
So complete in every way!
I love you egg! Egg!

Come into my tummy,
Oh so very yummy.
Crack, crack, crack,
Chip and chip away your shell
And come to me.
Get your eggs!

I love you, (fresh egg!)
I love you, (white eggs!)
Really really love you so.
(Eggs fresh fresh egg!)
Eggs I really love you
Like the sky above.
Eggs are the best!

I love you, (fresh egg!)
I love you, (white eggs!)
Really really love you so.
(Eggs fresh fresh egg!)
Three-hundred and sixty-five days,
I really love you so
I really love you so.

Mmm yummy!

2 comments:

Marian said...

I loved that trip so much. It was the perfect medium for my adventurer burliness: carry the backpacks and seek out the lodgings and fight the dragons.

Claire did stuff too.

kimikimikimi said...

Let's do it! We can go to England! Sachi and I were planning to in August anyhow. FANCY.

Oh and, DAMN YOU FOR POSTING THE EGG SONG.