Saturday, March 05, 2005

After eating and drinking

My parents have gone to Vancouver Island, for some reason. I woke up around noon today, long after they'd left, not sure if I'd had a conversation with my mother that morning. Sometimes I sleep through conversations.

The lip balm I have by my computer, (I have lip balm everywhere) is my least satisfying lip balm. Somebody must have brought it back from a hotel. It's really just a gloss. Like something you'd buy at the Gap in the 90's. But I can't throw it out. I'm bound to it now. You understand? I only recently was able to get rid of the ancient Blistex ULTRA PROTECTION stick that I've kept in my car for months, despite the fact that all that medicated, SPF 30, lip kicking protection tastes like fake coconut, (the only worse flavor than this is artificial, robot watermelon) and gets into the back of my throat and makes me swallow compulsively for hours.

I think I got it from my mother, this obsession of needing to use every bit of every toiletry article I come across. She hoards all her prescription medicines long after she's stopped needing them, ignoring all expiry dates. Just in case.

I need to stop sharing a bathroom with her.

1 comment:

Claire said...

I'm testing to see if I can comment. Obviously, I can.