Thursday, February 24, 2005
In Santa Fe
Ema curls up beside my head when I put out the light to try and sleep. She purrs incredibly loudly. She thrums and nudges. She gives herself the hiccups. Gradually, say, an hour later, I'm still awake, having shifted to the less desirable, flatter pillow, and the purring has become snoring. Weird, rhythmic, cat snoring, no less. ROOOOOOOOOOOO. ROOOP. ROOOOOOOOOOO. ROOOP. ROOOOOOOOOOOO. My dog grunts from the foot of the bed, sighs, and rolls over. I do the same, which wakes Ema. She finds my head. She curls up on my pillow. She starts purring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I want Ema.
NO, I DO!
Look, bitches, you're allergic to cats. Remember? Therefore, she's mine.
Thrums and nudges and gives herself the hiccups? Claire, why do you refuse to write a children's book? WHY DO YOU REFUSE?
Post a Comment